FREE Concealed and Denied Pregnancy Training
Thursday, September 26, 2019
Places available for October! Book now to secure your place.
Half day briefing session to provide participants with an understanding of why women conceal and deny pregnancies and why this is a risk factor for the unborn baby and child after birth. The training follows a review of a number of Serious Case Reviews wjere concealed or denied pregnancy has been as factor, and a subsequent review of the Pan-Lancashire guidance.
Objectives of the training:
- An overview of Serious Case Reviews in Lancashire
- Awareness of research based on 87 UK women who concealed or denied their pregnancies
- An explanation of key reasons, experiences, real stories and impact of concealed and denied pregnancies
- Discussion of wormen and girls who become pregnant from rape and abuse
- An introduction to the Pan Lancashire practice guidance and flowchart, and recommendations for practice so taht practitioners from all agencies know what to do and who to contact when they discover or suspect a concealed or denied pregnancy
- Approaches to and support of women and girls who have disclosed concealed or denied pregnancy or late booking
- An increased understanding and a no-blame approach when working with women and families so appropriate support can be provided to improve the outcomes for the unborn child, and to reduce the likelihood of future concealed or denied pregnancies.
There are a number of sessions for you to choose from - please follow the link below to access the dates and book your place.